Crazy times. To think, to reflect, to be a better person, family member or parent.
I've always liked to teach and education in general. I've taught computer science and software courses before, but never really on a remote - online base.
There's a great opportunity to teach things online. To live stream and share videos. This way of education is the future and we should all be investing more time creating content.
Anyhow, I've been thinking heavily on the follow issues:
- A quick and easy way to live stream content.
- A quick and easy way to upload video content (as a standalone video or inside a course).
- For points 1 and 2, a quick way to setup payment or a regular (monthly/yearly) subscription for any kind of content.
Of course, there are many platforms that already do this. So I'm mixing here my deep interest in education and a technical/business challenge.
Some base stack and third party tools for this.
- Laravel: My framework of choice for building products.
- Laravel Cashier: Tool to process payments and generate invoices.
- Amazon S3: Third party service to store content, such as videos.
- Amazon RDS: Third party service to manage and store databases.
- Zoom SDK: Third party service to live stream video.
I'm also liking a lot Tailwind UI. It's an effortless way of building new pages with great look and feel.
Lastly, the idea would be to have multiple tenants or organizations with different URLs pointing to this platform. So having a tenant-approach architecture to start with, is very important.
In the next posts, I'll be adding more details about about the basic features, business decisions and architecture considerations.